Summer Heat Safety Tips for Landscapers
- Record-breaking temperatures are hitting regions across the US, making it dangerous for landscapers to work outside.
- Landscapers should follow heat safety measures, such as staying hydrated and taking breaks in shaded areas or air-conditioned spaces.
- Acclimatizing to the heat by gradually increasing exposure can help the body adjust to higher temperatures.
- Using cooling accessories like cooling towels or misting fans can provide relief from the heat.
- Wearing lightweight and breathable clothing, as well as a wide-brimmed hat and sunscreen, can protect from the sun’s rays.
Landscapers are facing extreme heat during the summer season, which can be dangerous for their health. It is important for them to prioritize their safety by following heat safety measures, staying hydrated, and taking breaks in shaded areas or air-conditioned spaces. Acclimatization to the heat and using cooling accessories can provide additional relief. By taking these precautions, landscapers can continue to work efficiently and protect their well-being during the hot summer months.