Best Flood and Drought Tolerant Plants for Landscapes
- In an era of weather extremes, it is important to choose plants for landscapes that can withstand floods and droughts.
- Flood tolerant plants are those that can survive prolonged periods of water logging and offer effective erosion control.
- Drought tolerant plants are those that have adapted to survive in arid conditions with minimal water requirements.
- Some popular flood tolerant plants include Marsh Marigold, Blue Flag Iris, and Buttonbush.
- For drought tolerant plants, options like Lavender, Yucca, and Agave are great choices.
- It is essential to consider factors like soil moisture, drainage, and sunlight exposure when selecting flood and drought tolerant plants.
- Proper maintenance, including mulching, watering, and regular pruning, is necessary to ensure the health and longevity of these plants.
In a time when weather extremes have become more common, it is crucial for local business owners in the landscaping industry to select flood and drought tolerant plants for their landscapes. Flood tolerant plants, such as Marsh Marigold and Blue Flag Iris, can endure water logging and provide erosion control. On the other hand, drought tolerant plants like Lavender and Yucca have adapted to arid conditions with minimal water requirements. It is essential to consider factors like soil moisture, drainage, and sunlight exposure when choosing these plants. Proper maintenance, including mulching, watering, and regular pruning, will ensure the health and longevity of these plants in any landscape.