2024 Landscape Trends in Residential Design
- NALP members predict an increased focus on sustainable and eco-friendly practices in residential landscape design.
- Outdoor living spaces will continue to be popular, with an emphasis on creating functional and comfortable areas for relaxation and entertainment.
- Native plants and pollinator-friendly gardens will be favored as homeowners prioritize biodiversity and conservation.
- Smart technology integration, such as automated irrigation systems and outdoor lighting, will become more prevalent.
- Wellness gardens will gain popularity as people seek to create serene and therapeutic spaces in their own backyard.
- Artificial grass and turf alternatives will be used as low-maintenance options that conserve water and reduce carbon footprint.
- Vertical gardening and living walls will be utilized to maximize limited space and add a touch of greenery to urban environments.
- Fire features, such as fire pits and fireplaces, will be incorporated into outdoor spaces to extend their usability during cooler seasons.
- Outdoor kitchens and dining areas will become more elaborate, reflecting the trend of cooking and dining outdoors.
- Courtyards and intimate garden spaces will be designed to create private retreats within residential properties.
- Lighting design will play a crucial role in enhancing the ambiance and functionality of outdoor spaces.
In the world of residential landscape design, the year 2024 is expected to bring some exciting trends. Homeowners will prioritize sustainability, creating outdoor spaces that are not only aesthetically pleasing but also eco-friendly. From native plants to smart technology integration, these trends will help conserve resources while enhancing the overall experience of outdoor living. Whether it’s a wellness garden, an elaborate outdoor kitchen, or an intimate courtyard, these trends will shape the way we design and enjoy our residential landscapes in the coming year.